Welcome to the Animation Workers Antitrust Settlements Website
UPDATE: Class counsel has filed an administrative motion to distribute funds, which is now included in the case documents section of the website. If the Court approves the motion, checks should be processed within approximately two weeks.
If you were an employee who held an animation or visual effects job title at Blue Sky Studios, Inc., DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc., Two Pic MC LLC (f/k/a ImageMovers Digital LLC), Lucasfilm, Ltd., LLC, Pixar, Sony Pictures Animation Inc., Sony Pictures Imageworks Inc., or The Walt Disney Company during the time periods set forth below, you could get money from a settlement with one of the multiple defendants in the lawsuit.
- The class action lawsuit In re Animation Workers Antitrust Litigation, 14-cv-04062-LHK, claims that Blue Sky Studios, Inc. (“Blue Sky”), DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc., Two Pic MC LLC (f/k/a ImageMovers Digital LLC), Lucasfilm, Ltd., LLC, Pixar, Sony Pictures Animation Inc. and Sony Pictures Imageworks Inc. (“Sony Pictures”), and The Walt Disney Company (collectively, the “Defendants”) violated federal and state antitrust laws by conspiring to suppress compensation by agreeing not to solicit each other’s employees and by coordinating compensation policies. Defendants deny that they violated any antitrust law or engaged in any wrongdoing.
- The Honorable Lucy H. Koh of the United States District Court for the Northern District of California entered an order on May 25, 2016 certifying the following class:
All animation and visual effects employees employed by one or more of the Defendants in the United States who held any of the job titles listed in the attached List of Job Titles by Defendant during the following time periods: Pixar (2004–2010), Lucasfilm Ltd., LLC (2004–2010), DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. (2004–2010), The Walt Disney Company (2004–2010), Sony Pictures Animation, Inc. and Sony Pictures Imageworks, Inc. (2004–2010), Blue Sky Studios, Inc. (2005–2010) and Two Pic MC LLC f/k/a ImageMovers Digital LLC (2007–2010). Excluded from the Class are senior executives, members of the board of directors, and persons employed to perform office operations or administrative tasks.
- DWA Holdings, LLC, successor to DreamWorks Animation SKG, Inc. (“DreamWorks”), has settled for $50,000,000 (the “DreamWorks Settlement”), and Pixar, Lucasfilm Ltd., LLC, The Walt Disney Company, and Two Pic MC LLC f/k/a ImageMovers Digital LLC have settled for $100,000,000 (the “Disney Settlement”). Judge Koh has preliminarily approved these settlements. Prior to these settlements, two other defendants settled: Blue Sky for $5,950,000 and Sony Pictures for $13,000,000. A separate Notice was previously distributed relating to the Blue Sky and Sony Pictures settlements. If you were an employee of any of the Defendants listed above and held an animation or visual effects job title during the time period listed below, you may be entitled to compensation. A list of job titles is available here.
- If you are a Class Member and did not previously opt out of this litigation, you have a right to participate in either or both the DreamWorks Settlement and the Disney Settlement.
- If the Settlements with DreamWorks, and with Pixar, Lucasfilm Ltd., LLC, The Walt Disney Company, and Two Pic MC LLC f/k/a ImageMovers Digital LLC are finally approved by the Court, all Defendants will have settled, no “Non-Settling Defendants” will remain, and this class action lawsuit will be terminated without further recovery.
Please read the Notice for further information.
If you wish to update your address or view your eligible positions, please Log In with the ID and Access provided in your Notice.
Opt-Out Deadline: April 24, 2017
Objection Deadline: April 24, 2017
Final Approval Hearing: May 18, 2017 at 1:30 p.m.